Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Drab2fab ~ Bathroom refresh with Iron Ore paint by Sherwin Williams~ Before & after

 



Before

It's time to renovate the bathrooms starting with the fixtures and cabinet color. It all started when I replaced the black matte doorknobs on all of the interior doors in my home. Just doing that started the desire for a cleaner, simpler look. 

I then had my home completely painted white on both the inside and out adding black matt trim on the exterior. I love the look.

And now it's time to update the design in the bathrooms to tye it in to the rest of the home. I am starting with the main powder room. The idea is to change just a few things like the cabinet paint color, knobs, fixtures and choose a paint color to match a softer calmer mood. Can't wait to pick out a cute rug!

 So far here is the hardware options I have chosen.





The paint color for the cabinet will be Iron Ore SW. Since I just painted the walls white the contrast should be nice. Iron Ore color is a dark charcoal gray. I will be accenting the cabinet with brass handles and knobs and adding a black light fixture. All fixtures bought on Amazon.






And more about the paint...



The tile counter will be replaced with a marble counter top (on order) and the mirror changed to a more modern black round metal mirror.

Here are some before pics. Stay tuned for the after pics this week!

PHASE 1: Scraping and stripping the paint off in preparation to prime and paint.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Tips

Labels