I can't be the only one these days with many more things to do than energy I have to do them...
Here are 6 ways you can fight debilitating procrastination:
- Force yourself to do what needs to be done, like Ulysses tying himself on the ship's mast to get past the tempting songs of the sirens.
- Do unpleasant work when you have the most energy, early and in the morning.
- Turn off distractions, such as tv and computers, cell phone, etc.
- Set attainable goals and do the work in steps.
- Commit to doing the job for five minutes. At the end of five minutes, commit to another five minutes.
- Examinethe reasons you procrastinate. Ask yourself what makes doing the work too difficult and why it woulod get easier with time.
To have your own procrastination assessed.
From San Diego Union tribune.